Monday March 16, 2020
Dear customers, subcontractors and suppliers,
Just like you, we are concerned about the news related to the evolution of COVID-19 and the potential impacts on the services we need to provide. This is why we immediately formed a small management team to follow the evolution of the instructions given by the authorities and take action. The objective is to ensure the maintenance of operations, while protecting the health and safety of all our employees, as well as the employees of our business partners and the general public.
Here are some of the protective measures we have taken :
1. Hygiene being until now the essential criteria to prevent the spread of the virus, we have placed distributors of hydroalcoholic solution at the entrance of our establishments and inform everyone who has access to our workplaces of the importance of hand washing. Our employees are also reminded.
2. Teleworking is set up on certain workstations that allows it, in order to reduce proximity and the risk of spreading.
3. We regularly inform our staff of any new directive issued by public health.
4. A communication plan is in place to maintain understanding and consistency of the message distributed internally. Informed and educated workers that understands the issues are essential to the maintenance of our operations.
5. Anyone having to enter our workplace and who must be in direct contact with our employees will be questioned on the following points :
a. Have you traveled outside the province in the last 14 days, using transportation such as airplane, train, cruise ship and/or could have been exposed to COVID-19 ?
b. Have you had COVID-19 related symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, difficult breathing, cough) ?
c. Are there people around you who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days ?
If that person has answered "yes" to any of these questions, he will be politely informed that we cannot let him in and that he must leave. The company responsible for the said person will be contacted in order to be advised of our directive concerning him.
6. In the event that one of our employees begins to develop the symptoms associated with COVID-19 before starting his shift or during his work, he will be instructed to stay or go back home, and to follow voluntary isolation for 14 days. In such case, the human resources department will be notified, in order to ensure the necessary follow-up with the person concerned. Thereby, we want to make sure that we take all the necessary precautions to avoid any form of spread that can be transmitted to our customers.
7. If one of our drivers reports that he has symptoms while he is in transit or has gone to a place to load or deliver a shipment, we will contact our client to inform him and take the necessary measures, in accordance with the directives in force at the said customer.
Thanks for your comprehension,